Ticket to Cambodia

Cambodia. The place is my first experience overseas trip when I was 19 years old. This was the most exciting experience I ever had. Blowing like a hair-dryer set to high, it was incredibly hot in Siem Reap 2005 Mar. March is dry season in Cambodia. The dry season defined by sunny, dry weather and lower humidity . Temperature in MAR can easily reach around 40 degree.
People asked me why you wanted to go that such a dangerous place. Because Cambodia civil war gave Japanese an image of intense security concern , particularly mine. We have a movie called 地雷を踏んだらサヨナラ based on real story of Taizo Ichinose . This movie was good enough for making Japanese people feel in fear about Cambodia , including me. Plus even though Cambodia is adjacent to Vietnam,  that first television war in 1964 made people think Indochina peninsula was such a dangerous place .
But for me though, I didn't give a shit. I just wanted to go and see the 3rd world which I was curious to know and dream about, in a way.

Passed over one decade , I got the opportunity to work in Logistics at Cambodia. This will be wonderfully life experience for me.There will be million of good things and bad things,,, but I am sure that experience will make me strong.Life is one time offer, use it well!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Experiencing Covid-19 in Cambodia - Episode 2

Experiencing Covid-19 in Cambodia - Episode 1